Friday, July 11, 2008

For my mom

My mom left a comment on the previous post, asking why in the world a picture of Carl from Caddyshack...

I recognize now that not everyone in the world has memorized Caddyshack. So, mom, here goes.

Carl is explaining how he once caddied for the Dalai Lama on a golf course in the Himalayas. He's holding a pitchfork.
"Big hitter, the Lama..."
"The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking."

And he says to his friend,
"So, we finish the eighteenth and he's going to stiff me. And I say 'Hey, Lama, how about a little something, you know, for the effort.' And he says, 'There won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.'"

And then Carl says, "So, I've got that going for me. Which is nice."

Obscure, I know. But perhaps it's time we spend an afternoon watching this together. There's a Caddyshack reference for many many situations.

No comments: