Thursday, April 9, 2009

If Only He'd Played Suedehead

I saw Morrissey the other night with my dearest, Ashie. It was somewhat amazing, if only because I was really close to him. The concert, while entertaining, was held in a distractingly hot venue and while he put on a hell of a show, as always, it's dawning on me that Morrissey really believes his own hype. See these articles for some insight.
http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/turn_it_up/2009/04/concert-review-morrissey-at-the-aragon.html
http://www.slate.com/id/2215516/

Anyway, it's been a busy couple weeks. I mentioned the concert--this was sandwiched between a raucous night unlike any I've had in QUITE a while, and a conference that, while interesting and ultimately productive, totally wore me out. It's good to be home.

Speaking of home, we head up to Michigan tomorrow to see the fam. Can't wait. It promises to be a delightful weekend, with the 6 of us all together for the second time in a year (unprecedented) and 4 dogs. Yogi and The Pix got a groom the other day, so they're ready to see Grandma and Grandpa, and hopefully will not leave too much black fur all over their furniture.

No comments: