Monday, February 19, 2007

Update

Invitations are OUT! HOORAY!!!!!! So, they should be at your door within the next few days.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they didn't get all dingy in the mailbox. See, we've had some "wintry weather" here lately, and by "wintry weather," I mean, "the most hellacious cold, ice, snow, and dirt mixture I've ever experienced." So who the heck knows. There could've been a puddle in the bottom of that mailbox. But just know that when I put them in there, they were sparkling white and beautiful.

I ordered a new dress last week, and it should be here any day. I am very excited about it. But if it doesn't look good, I have another one in reserve. I love lenient return policies.
*******************************
So, in a life update, things are going okay. Eric turned to me the other day and said, "I think I have that sun disease." To which I responded, "What?" Turns out, he meant Seasonal Affective Disorder, and I'm right there with him. Besides the fact that I haven't really even SEEN the sun in several weeks except through a window, because I'm arriving for and leaving from work before it gets light and after it gets dark, it has just been a really crappy winter. But that being said, my ice-maneuvering skills are coming in handy. One of my best girlfriends is from Texas, and she's a mess. Falling all over the place and mincing around on the ice, whereas I boldly stride. Go Michigan!

Another update... I'm getting braces! Not the metal-mouth kind, thank goodness, but Invisaligns. I am wicked psyched about this, mainly because even though my teeth LOOK straight, they are really not and I've been having some issues (I don't FEEL stressed out, but apparently, I am a grinder). Anyway, after approximately 3 months of being molded, prodded, pulled and photographed, and after about $3000 in costs, I FINALLY got a phone call from the ortho with the great news that they're ready for me. Of course, I am glued to my desk at work and couldn't get two hours off if I was bleeding from my ears, so... Two weeks it is!

I was a little worried at first about these braces, given that the wedding is in May. What bride wants braces? So I asked the ortho about 12 times, are you absolutely sure you can't see them? And she, while no doubt thinking "Shut up, woman!" in her head, replied, "Yes. You can't see them. I'm wearing them right now? Can you see them? No." So, I am assuaged.

Other than that, my life is revolving around the precious few hours of sleep I can eek out of my nights, and days spent doing various ridiculous things in the name of state government. It is all at once rewarding, frustrating and discouraging. But this too shall pass...

In more hilarious news, we just discovered a website that lists "safe bands" and "gay bands" for parents who want to make decisions about music. And I think the funniest things are two parenthetical references:

George Michael (Texan)
Ted Nugent (loincloth)

Who knew that wearing a loincloth makes you gay? Well, shoot, I guess we'll have to re-evaluate Eric's outfit for the wedding...

Anyway, I am getting so revved up for this thing! I hope you're all doing well, and please, let me know if I can be of any help!
Haley

No comments: