Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Hotel News

Good afternoon! I don't have much time, but wanted to let everyone know that there have been a couple snafus in the hotel planning process. Of course.

-I was unable to reserve a block of rooms at the Courtyard where my parents are staying. The going rate per night through the hotel itself is $249, though I was able to get our rooms for significantly less via priceline.

-I did reserve a block of rooms at the Jurys. However, they are astro-freaking-nomical, and while they are lovely lovely rooms in a lovely lovely hotel, they are way much--$365!!! Boston is a ridiculous place.

-Apparently there is a convention in town that weekend, and hotel rooms are filling up fast. If you are planning on coming, it would be a good idea to make arrangements soon. Please let me know if you need ANY help--I will do my best to get everything situated for you!

Invitations are pending... We're shooting for mid-February, and that is like next week!

In funnier news, I've finally met the Governor of Massachusetts, and he's pretty great. I've had a couple meetings with him over the last few days, and they've gone great. However, being me, I did do something to draw attention to myself, however inadvertently.

In going over budget news, Governor Patrick pointed out how he liked explanations for each line item, how he would learn more next year, the year after that, the year after THAT, and then next term. Because he's been in office all of three weeks, I giggled at the "next term" comment, because that's awesome--AMBITION and committment to the state! No one else laughed. So the Gov looked at me (smiling, thank goodness), and said, "What!?" And I said, "No, no! That's GREAT!"

I believe that by the end of the month, I will either be fired or promoted. I'll keep you posted.

Love,
Haley

***ADDENDUM: One of our guests found a hotel outside the city on Expedia for $179/night--Doubletree Club Hotel. It has limo service, and is located on a subway line--technically located in Southie, and looks lovely.

If you check out Expedia, you can pick a specific location from the dropdown menu--Theater District/Downtown and Quincy Market/Financial/Waterfront are within walking distance, as well, and there are a few with reasonable rates. And anything located remotely close to Logan Airport will be right on a T-line/short cab ride into town for MUCH better prices.

No comments: