Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day, Indeed

Wow. I'm actually looking forward to going back to work tomorrow so I can rest. We put in a good 8 hours of hard labor today, and I'm feeling it right now. The good news is that I'm now totally ambidextrous with the nippers, which is nice. The bad news is that I have developed blisters on both hands. Seriously, I blister when someone looks at me the wrong way. I wore a pair of unfortunate shoes to the ribfest yesterday, and I've now got blisters on both heels, and both little toes. NOT cool. This is why I prefer flipflops. But then again, flipflops are why my real shoes don't fit me very well anymore...

But I digress.
We are 99% finished with the nail/trim project. I got all the stained trim de-nailed and re-lustered, with the exception of the 16 foot piece
that goes along the north wall of the dining room (which is too big to move out of the room). The white trim is just de-nailed. I have to sand it, prime it, and then hit it with the glossy enamel (which I may just do after it's on the walls, because I'll have to touch up the nail holes anyway).

Anyway, it was a crazy long day. Headed up to Home Depot in Noblesville this morning, and was home with the tile by 11:00. See right: Eric's
feet and Pixie's head for scale. I am very very excited about getting it put in, not only because it will give us a working toilet within 50 feet of our bedroom, but because I think it will look very good.

Eric finished up the paint in the living room, washed the baseboards, and dusted. He also finished the front gate this morning, which I will paint tomorrow night. We're about 10 minutes away from having screens... I picked up some screen-making kits the other day, but forgot the actual screen itself. Yeah, that's what happens when you go to Home Depot tired.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love the tiles! MMMM!