Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentimes!

I know it's Valentine's Day, but have you ever seen 30 Rock? The Valentine's episode last year featured Rachel Dratcz as a Russian hooker, and I think the only thing she said was, "Happy Valentime's!" I can't explain it that well, but it was hilarious.

I am recouperating nicely after my procedure yesterday, particularly since learning that a root canal is 80% covered by my insurance. PHEW! Because I thought I was going to be out a whole heck of a lot of money, and we're saving for a house. I hate insurance pretty much all the time, except when I need it. And then I love it.

Root canal itself was pretty unpleasant, though it didn't hurt--I was EXTREMELY numb. Like, couldn't feel the right side of my face from my eyebrow to my chin. So went I went to pick up my prescription, I smiled and couldn't move one side of my face. I figure, she's a pharmacist--she must see much freakier-looking people than me every day. Anyway, it involved a dental dam, which I like a lot more than just keeping my mouth open on my own accord. I have to go back in a couple weeks to finish it up, and then back to the dentist to fix the stuff he messed up. Sigh. But no more pain, so I'm willing.

Eric, lovely man that he is, sent me some great flowers at work. I sent him a plant at his work, which he likes, and I sponsored a pup at Best Friends for him. I like this simple V-Day stuff. We just had leftovers and we're going to watch Lost a little later on. Sounds good to me! We're SO romantic.

Love,
Haley

No comments: