Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Had a Bad Day

And how...

So, for the last couple days, I've been dealing with a bit of a toothache. It comes and it goes and I thought it was either due to a cavity or to my braces, which are still shuffling my teeth around, despite my almost being done with them. I woke up this morning, took a sip of coffee, and I swear, I almost went through the roof it hurt so badly.

Called the dentist, who thankfully took me in this morning, and he thought at first that it was just a little sensitivity--he put some flouride on a couple teeth, which does help. But then he took an x-ray when I asked if he was sure that the kind of aching I was feeling would just be due to some sensitivity. And guess what he found? Yes. It's a nerve problem.

Result: I'm getting a root canal tomorrow.

And I'm NOT happy about this. I've invested a crapload of money into my teeth, keeping them clean, making them straight, and I tell you, it feels like a betrayal, like my own mouth is turning on me.

It will be nice, I suppose, to get rid of the pain, which is considerable. I thought several times today that if I could just pull the stupid tooth out, that would be really awesome. But I didn't, of course. So my plan of action is to avoid all hot and cold foods for the next 16 hours or so, and to spend some good q-time on the couch with a bag of frozen peas on my face.

Wish me luck.

Haley

No comments: