Monday, April 30, 2007

Update

Oh my GOSH. The wedding is in less than a week, my parents fly in in 3 days, and I'm going to be MARRIED soon!

Happily, things are going very well, and I think we're going to have a great time. I have a meeting over at the hotel this afternoon to determine whether the sound system will work with my computer. This is the only potential problem we've got going on. We also bought a large spinning-light disco ball, and I think that will add a little something special to the party.

But aside from the impending nuptuals, I have other big news... I got a new job! If you've read posts preceding this, you'll know that I have a love/hate relationship with my current job. I enjoy the access I have to powerful officials, the potential that my ideas might make it into policy, and the people here are great. However, in recent months, the "hate" side of the relationship became much stronger. I was really frustrated and upset about some of the changes that my position underwent, and so, when the opportunity for me to move on came along, I jumped. I'll start as a Senior Planning Analyst on May 28 at the Commonwealth's Board of Higher Education. In that position, I'll be doing much more policy than budget work, will have a chance to work at the intersection of my 3 main policy interests (ed, workforce and economic development), and will have great potential to grow within the job.

I could not be happier about this change, but I have to say, I will miss the people here, particularly Ashlee and Abbey (picture right), who have become two of my best friends. They are pretty awesome and I will definitely miss seeing them on an 8-hour a day basis.

Can't wait to see you this weekend! YEA!!!!!

No comments: