Thursday, February 26, 2009

Update on the Update

Did I say the shower would be finished by the end of the weekend??? I meant, the end of TODAY!!!!

Our contractor was able to come back yesterday and install the rest of the tile, now he just has to wipe and seat the grout. Eric will install the showerhead and thingy that turns on the water (under contractor's guidance), and then we'll have a shower. Now, just keep your fingers crossed that it actually works and we don't crash though the ceiling into the kitchen.

I didn't mention one other project we're hoping to do in the last update--a deck. Right now, we have just a little stoop off the back door, purposefully kept little because we're going to move that door during the kitchen remodel. I'm thinking that if we're able to find a nice door on sale, we may just go ahead and move it--would be pretty easy, I think, as there's no plumbing or electric in the wall where we'd put the new door, and we have plenty of siding left over to put over the hole for the old door. We'll see, I guess.

No comments: