Friday, August 3, 2007

August


So, I guess I'm managing about one blog a month. It's so crazy how time slips past you in the summer.

But it's not like I've just been hanging out in front of the air conditioner this whole time. We have been all over the place in the last month or so, and we're gearing up for one more big trip in a couple weeks. We haven't even fully unpacked our suitcases--it just doesn't seem worth it.

In the middle of the month, we went back to Roscommon and we had SUCH a good time. Since moving away from Rosco, and since moving to Boston in particular, I have such an appreciation for the time I get to spend up north. This place has NOTHING on northern Michigan, especially right now--it's 93 degrees outside.

Boston @ 93 degrees * concrete * stinky trash in the allies * walking everywhere = :(

That was just a little view into my life as an analyst. Nothing is simple anymore...

Anyway, we did have such a good time. My parents threw us a combo party/bridal shower for Abby where I got to see all of my old friends and Eric got to meet them all. We spent a whole day out on the lake with an old high school friend and got fried to a crisp (hurt, but was totally worth it). I finally got the last Harry Potter book and everyone left me alone for the 7 or so hours it took me to read it... Heaven.

The weekend after that, we took a trip down to Princeton, NJ to attend Eric's cousin Brett's wedding to his lovely bride Katherine. It was a great wedding, and we had a really nice time. But the trip as a whole was nothing short of excruciating. There was a big accident on the highway on Friday morning, which forced us to sit on said highway for THREE HOURS, traveling about 8 miles. Then, because we were late by 3 hours, we hit New York City at 5:30. It took us 10 hours to get to Princeton.

We were in a minivan with Eric's parents and sister and brother-in-law. We all like each other, thankfully, but have decided that we will no longer be traveling in the minivan together in the future. It's for the best.

Next on the list is a weekend of rest and recouperation (and cleaning the house!). I'm pretty excited about having no plans. :)

Love

Haley

No comments: